Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mexico Mission trip

My happiest moment was when I went on a mission trip to mexico and go asked to help an old women out with her ranch. I was asked to help her out because her husband had just passed away and there wasn't anyone to help with tending to all the needs. I was told that if there was anything what so ever that needed to be done that I was the one to do it. so I showed up I started with pulling out all the weeds in her ranch after that I tried to milk the cows and feed the hens ( I am not sure I did a very good job). But still none of this is what made me happy or proud. It was when I went inside to clean and cook her dinner. I went in and she was making a home made batch of mexican chocolate I offered to help but she said no that I couldn't touch it in any way. so I finished her dinner and asked her if there was anything that I had forgotten anything and she said yes. She took my hand and pulled me over towards the couch and told me a hole bunch of stories about her husband and how they met and everything. Towards the end she started to cry so I hugged her and we just stayed like that for a good while. That is my proudest moment.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt. You may have to explain what a mission trip is and you have a couple typos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mission trip is when u go somewhere with a group usually a church and do things to help people

    ReplyDelete